Monday, June 20, 2011

The Wishing Star

Star light, star bright,
first star I see tonight,
Only thing within my sight
shining in the darkest night.

Lost in the desert, but I tried
to see you but you thought I lied.
A small night creature tries to hide
but will not find a way inside.

Star light, star bright,
A million stars are out tonight!
I meant to talk, I didn't quite...
I didn't want to start a fight.

Alone in the desert, can't you see
I can't be perfect; shouldn't be!
Furiously, suddenly,
The small night creature turns to flee.

Star light, star bright,
Shooting star streaks out of sight.
A creature runs into the night,
Following its wanton flight.

The desert night is so alive
Insects sing and fruit bats dive.
I'm done with you! You can't deprive
The creature its will to survive.

Star light, star bright,
Last star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
I wish I knew if I did right.

No comments: